[OPEN] xwayland and hyperland problems with applications

WAYLAND
uniquegch
Crewman

I installed on my GEM12 minipc from Aoostar Arcolinux net with wayland (which seems to be xwayland) and hyperland. but following applications are not (fully) working
- btrfs assistant <- is fully working on my arch laptop with hyprland from soldoestech
- nomachine (no server is showing) <- is fully working on my arch laptop with hyprland from soldoestech
- barrier (KVM) software, but it is not running under wayland
- kitty or alacritty not fully working when ssh into debian system for example. getting a warning.
- Steam is also only half working

now that my desktop is not working at all I cannot look for other applications having issues.

Just as a note. if anyone has also a problem and was able to fix it please let me know. thank you
Today I planed on doing nothing and I am ahead in time :mrgreen:
erikdubois
Captain

We are not responsible for all the problems Wayland is causing.

Do not use it when it does not work and stick to X11.
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.
uniquegch
Crewman

Thanks for your reply. My intention with this post is only to point out that some applications with that setup (xwayland with hyprland) are not fully functioning. As a side note I was surprised seeing on raspbian OS bookworm that it seems you can use wayland.
I switched about two years ago to wayland, because the used resources on X11 had been too high.
And following the basic idea in learning, which can be frustrating, I shall be able to get my system set up with all the bells and whistles I would like.
  • arch linux based distro
  • BTRFS filesystem
  • snapper
  • wayland
  • Windows tiling manager such as hypr
  • simple design aka not flashy
with Wayland and gnome I was able to get this except for windows tiling manager. I am getting closer to my goal.
And thank you Eric very much for making it possible.
Today I planed on doing nothing and I am ahead in time :mrgreen:

Return to “Hyprland”