[OPEN] Translation of the programs into Spanish

First check the forums - Do not know where to put it then put it here
Casper
recruit crewman

Hello, greetings to all and Happy New Year 2023

I wanted to ask a question... how could I have all the programs in Spanish? When I installed it, I installed arcolinuxB with a Plasma desktop and there are programs that come out in English and although I have no problem... my wife does. And I would like to have this distro as the main one and change the one I currently have.

Is there any way to translate these programs?

thanks and greetings again.
erikdubois
Captain

If you choose Plasma you have one of the most complete desktops.

If it is not available in Spanish then it is because the developer did not provide that language.

Nothing you can do about that except help the developer translate.

And ofcourse learn English. ;-)
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.
fennec
Crewman

If you haven't tried already; Plasma has a setting to change the Language inside System Settings > Regional Settings > Language
This will change the global language to your selected one. You will need to log out then log back in for the change to apply.
Casper
recruit crewman

Hello and thanks for answering. Let's see, I don't think you have understood me, the system is in Spanish, but there are applications like Arch linux tweak Tool, arch linux welcome and Arch linux Desktop Trasher that come out in English and some more open... I was referring to this type of application that I give by fact they will be from arcolinux.

As for learning English, my wife, at her age, says no... that to use the computer, install a distro that doesn't have a problem and that's it... the one we have now is in Spanish... but she wanted to change, while she This one in Spanish doesn't matter.

Regards
Last edited by Casper on Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
erikdubois
Captain

The apps of ArcoLinux will never be translated into any language.

There are so many distros out there.

None of them will be 100% in your language ever.

There are just too many apps to consider.

There are hundreds of packages. It will up to you to explain the English terms to your wife.
newborn
Crewman

Casper wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:27 pm applications like Arch linux tweak Tool, arch linux welcome and Arch linux Desktop Trasher
Just dont let your Wife use this tools :D
fennec
Crewman

Casper wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:27 pm Hello and thanks for answering. Let's see, I don't think you have understood me, the system is in Spanish, but there are applications like Arch linux tweak Tool, arch linux welcome and Arch linux Desktop Trasher that come out in English and some more open... I was referring to this type of application that I give by fact they will be from arcolinux.
Ok, I believe a majority of the Plasma based applications offer multilingual support.
For 3rd party applications that's really down to the developer and whether they support it - bear in mind there are dozens of languages.
Like Erik mentioned not all applications have multilingual support, with English being the only default one.
Casper
recruit crewman

Erick there are distros entirely in Spanish, just as they are installed, another thing is the programs that each one uses particularly.

Even so, thanks... I'll look for a distro that is in Spanish... there are... Manjaro, Ubuntu, KDE Neon, Debian... etc

Thank you all
erikdubois
Captain

Indeed

choose something you are happy with

Enjoy Linux.

Return to “General Questions”