[OPEN] 1st impression with some issues and fixes

MS-DOS
recruit crewman

I am not 100% sure where to post this, but I ran into a few issues, which I have resolved. So I do not need help, but rather want to point out a few things.

I downloaded arcolinuxl-v22.09.04-x86_64.iso yesterday and I see today, you have arcolinuxl-v22.10.02-x86_64.iso, so I admit my information could be dated. But since today is Sep 30 and your newest release is pre-dated for Oct 2, maybe you're getting ready to release something. Anyways, hope this is useful...

In the file

Code: Select all

/etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
You will find the follow URL that points to nothing

https://erikdubois.github.io
Doing the 1st upgrade proved problematic because running this basic command:

sudo pacman -Syu
Ended up in a continuous loop where I was told packages were available, but the keyrings were dated, yet could not update, because they could not reach the keyring server.

sudo nano /etc/pacman.conf
and finding the follow and uncommenting them

#[testing]
#Include = /etc/pacman.d/mirrorlist
Save and then run

sudo pacman -Sy

sudo pacman -S archlinux-keyring
This should re-install archlinux-keyring with a newer build. Run the previous nano command, re-comment everything, save, then run these commands.

sudo pacman -Sy

sudo pacman -Syu
When you're done you'll get a warning message telling you that

hardcode-fixer-git
on your local install is already newer, even though it is v1.x and v2.x is out. This is because version 1 has been giving some odd name scheme v1.x.something.something. Just re-install hardcode-fixer-git and that should take care of that.

ArocLinux had the same issue with my wireless mouse when downloading as some Arch spins have (not all of them). The issue is while downloading the mouse lags. The "fix" was as simple as installing the ZEN Kernel. But that last bit is more of an edge case for my hardware.

As someone who has been distro happy, I have to say, both ArcoLinux and EndeavorOS seem to be my favorites now. -- Thanks for your time, and consideration. Cheers.
erikdubois
Captain

We have the same favorites ;-)

You did a great job figuring out things.

ArcoLinuxD is for the advanced Linux user.

If you can make it work then kudos to you.

Uncommenting test repos is something I have never done on my main machine. It is called testing for a reason - might do it in a Virtual Box and see what is coming

The mirrorlist is healthy - it is here : https://github.com/arcolinux/arcolinuxd ... mirrorlist - no erikdubois.github present

It is great you already know the importance of keyrings. so super

hardcode-fixer was posted on our social media - it is indeed just a number format change

have fun with ArcoLinux
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

Return to “Xfce-4”