[OPEN] Linux DAW

mnini
Crewman

[OPEN] Linux DAW

Post by mnini »

Greetings,

Which digital audio workstation you have best experience with on linux? My hands currently haven't get to anything close what I wanted, they've only touched LMMS, which always resulted in more playing with existing songs, when it came to the results of post processing, like equalization, cross feedback filters, with one negative, eq an positive feedback and from back to front on another channel.

I also made some own music, but it seemed replaced, when I got to it again. Because I haven't ran .appimage in virtual kernel, with limited file access.
Audacity can help music too.

In LMMS you can make XML project file editor program, to make music by some programming, generative art, some euclidian pattern melody, with dropped out few notes on most vicious places by pattern sequencer.

Have you came across some scriptable javascript daw? Because that's what I am looking for, something, where I can write my generators up to the fullest, on working instruments and filters, LMMS would be good instruments to start with.

Some javascript server audio that can import script written in text editor on future progress. Have you came around something like that?

erikdubois
Captain

Re: [OPEN] Linux DAW

Post by erikdubois »

nope not me
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

Return to “Audio”