[OPEN] Keyboard/Mouse config in ArcoB-Awesome (tool recomendations?)

geanys
recruit crewman
[OPEN] Keyboard/Mouse config in ArcoB-Awesome (tool recomendations?)

Post by geanys » Sun Dec 08, 2019 3:38 pm

Hello, there!
First post here, but using ArcoB-Awesome for about a year without any major issues. I guess my questions could be in a thousand forums and boards, so feel free and recommend a wiser choice!
I have something to ask you guys about keyboard/mouse config. I change setups a lot, using multiple peripherals and screen configurations. My current laptop is also shared and normie-friendly, so besides using Awesome, I always have a sympathetic XFCE installation going on, and end up using a lot of its tools, since they are already there, to avoid having too much packages installed.
Recently I've been struggling to find a good config for my en-keyboard to work, and using about 4 different devices as a mouse makes changing settings (sensibility, speed, layout etc.) very frequent. BUT, I haven't found a good way to do it so far. All of it has been done by manually editing X files (mainly the scripts on /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d), and It's been incredibly inconvenient.
It would be good to have a more straight-foward way to change layouts and configs without having to restart X every time. And I even have one installed already, but questions are:
1- XFCE's tools (keyboard-settings and mouse-settings), for some reason, work perfectly when running an XFCE session, but have no effect whatsoever when running Awesome. I think getting that to work would be the easiest way, since I always have it installed anyway. Any idea how to make it work? Does it happen on XFCE/i3/Openbox version as well, or would be some Awesome config that i screwed up?
2- Other tools are welcome. Does anybody know other program or script to do the job? I would be fine with GUI or CLI, since it had lass than a million packages.
Thanks!
Love Awesome, hate Lua. Thinkpad T430 + Arcolinux B AwesomeWM

erikdubois
Captain
Belgium
Re: [OPEN] Keyboard/Mouse config in ArcoB-Awesome (tool recomendations?)

Post by erikdubois » Sun Dec 08, 2019 5:35 pm

Let us see what people suggest.
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

Return to “BYOI ArcoLinuxB Awesome”