[OPEN] Arduino IDE

johnlocke
recruit crewman

[OPEN] Arduino IDE

Post by johnlocke »

Hello guys! I have a question about the wm Bspwm, I was using Awesome and someone suggested that bspwm is more like a bash scripting, so I decided to give it a go. The thing is, when I open the arduino IDE the whole thing looks small and in the left corner, doesn't resize as in awesome wm. SO is not about java apps. also if I click the menus, they appear in the middle of the screen detached from the window. can't resize the inside of the window where all the arduino code would go. in awesome is not a problem. it behaves as normal. So is there any place where I can look or any known configuration missing? thank you in advance to whoever know something about this.

erikdubois
Captain

Re: [OPEN] Arduino IDE

Post by erikdubois »

I have zero experience with that application.
Pick a desktop where it works for you would be my common sense answer.

There is nothing missing in Bspwm.
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

johnlocke
recruit crewman

Post by johnlocke »

Hello Erik! Is not the app the one that have problems. java apps in general will not resize in Bspwm, looked in arch bspwm and is on their first page:

Problems with Java applications

If you have problems, like Java application Windows not resizing, or menus immediately closing after you click, see Java#Gray window, applications not resizing with WM, menus immediately closing.

Furthermore, some applications based on Java can not display any window content at all (e.g. Intellij IDEs like PyCharm, CLion, etch). A solution is to install wmname and add the following line in your ~/.config/bspwm/bspwmrc:

wmname LG3D

Basically I installed the wmname and added the line: "wmname LG3D" in the ~/.config/bspwm/bspwmrc
The java application, in this case Arduino IDE now resizes and the menus appear where they need to. the wmname app is less than 1mb but is the solution for this kind of thing I did take pictures that I will share so you guys have the solution at hand. cheers!

erikdubois
Captain

Post by erikdubois »

Thanks for sharing the knowledge.

Code: Select all

sudo pacman -S wmname 
it is for all people working with Java on the Bspwm desktop.

Add "wmname LG3D" in the ~/.config/bspwm/bspwmrc
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

Return to “Bspwm”