ArcoLinux -D -B 18.9 are online

[SOLVED] Your Sardi icon creation method...

As you know, our distro uses the Sardi and Surfn icons. Here you can apply for an icon if it is not yet available. Do not expect miracles and wait for your question to be taken into account.
hitecPanda
Crewman
United States of America
[SOLVED] Your Sardi icon creation method...

Post by hitecPanda » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:59 pm

Erik,

I have some questions about your icon creation.

You use inkscape first and then later tweak the colors by a script, right ? Do any of your scripts alter any geometry of the icon ? Or do they only alter the color ?

How many icons are in a set ? How many different sizes do you need to complete an icon set ?

There is no great rush but it would interesting if there was a tutorial to see what you do when you create them. I've seen many of your tutorials but didn't see one regarding this topic.

Hitecpanda

erikdubois
Captain
Belgium
Re: [SOLVED] Your Sardi icon creation method...

Post by erikdubois » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:14 pm

You use inkscape first and then later tweak the colors by a script, right ? Do any of your scripts alter any geometry of the icon ? Or do they only alter the color ?

mostly I change the look in inkscape - when icon is created I manually make 6 versions of it - Sardi Flexible, Sardi Mono, Sardi, Sardi Flat, Sardi Orb, Sardi Ghost. No scripts as of yet.

Then I have the Sardi-extra icons - those are scripts - they only change the colors.

How many icons are in a set ?

thousands

How many different sizes do you need to complete an icon set ?

check the folders I use

There is no great rush but it would interesting if there was a tutorial to see what you do when you create them. I've seen many of your tutorials but didn't see one regarding this topic.

There are tutorials about Sardi
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... N2WmuJkpS0
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
and only then use the power of our moderators.

Return to “Sardi and Surfn”