Short introduction of myself

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself. Please don't post tech support questions here
Frank1971
recruit crewman

Short introduction of myself

Post by Frank1971 »

Hi all,

my name is Frank, i'm from germany and 49 yrs old. I was an Windows User for whole time i used PCs, Laptop, etc. In february there was a major update on WIndows and this Update took me really upset, so i decided to change some things i did the same for the last 30 years in using computers.
My last try with linux was in 2000 i think, with SuSe 6.2 on 7 Installation Disks :D But something triggered me to try it again and after some Distribution hopping i found Arco Linux. After about one week this was my daily driver, checked out which software i need for my daily todos, citrix for home office, some stuff for my vaping devices, some for my Dreambox. Everything was find easy so my so my change from windows to linux was a very easy step for me. I was really suprised how easy linux is for using as a desktop and most features are better solved than on windows, but first you have to understand the whole system.

Yesterday i deleted the windows partition, i did not boot it for about 10 weeks. I installed instead a backup system with arco, just for me to feel safe and for testing stuff.

Best regards and have a nice sunday

Frank

erikdubois
Captain

Re: Short introduction of myself

Post by erikdubois »

What a great story to read Frank

Enjoy the free Linux world
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google