ArcoLinux -D -B 19.11 has been released

[CLOSED] Geany must remain in packages

Brick_Bosworth
Crewman
United States of America
[CLOSED] Geany must remain in packages

Post by Brick_Bosworth » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:18 pm

With the new scripts, I've noticed that geany is no longer installed by default. This is fine for me because I'm starting to use Atom for all editing needs.
The only problem I have come across is that there are a few pipemenu options that seem to be looking for geany, and I am unsure where to change this to Atom.

On a side note. For those interested, there is a package available for Atom called susave that allows you to edit root documents. By using this package I no longer have to use sublime text. This is a good tip for those not wanting to use non-free software.

Peek for reference

nickpetrov
Commander
Canada
Re: [OPEN]

Post by nickpetrov » Sat Mar 17, 2018 4:43 pm

For now I would just install geany...because the instructions below work, however I was not able to find a good way to launch atom with root privileges. so some pipemenus that require a password to edit them, may not function with atom. I will speak to Erik about this issue. It might work if you do sudo chmod -R 777 ~/.atom/

But if you want to try it here ya go:

just change all instances of geany to atom, in your home folder .config/obmenu-generator/schema.pl & config.pl

OR

you can do it from the right-click-openbox menu, goto obmenu-generator, then menu schema & menu config and edit it there

then generate a new pipemenu with obmenu-generator, thats in your openbox menu like the photo below

nickpetrov
Commander
Canada
Re: [OPEN]

Post by nickpetrov » Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:39 am

I have re-added Geany to the ArcoLinuxD scripts, "for the moment" until a better solution for atom is found

erikdubois
Captain
Belgium
Re: [CLOSED] Geany must remain in packages

Post by erikdubois » Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:30 pm

We will keep geany in our future developments.
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

Return to “OpenBox”