xfce ect i3 screeen trouble

jurgen69
Crewman
Belgium
xfce ect i3 screeen trouble

Post by jurgen69 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:12 pm

some thing very strange i have see , in the new released xfce , i3 , openbox ,
if you have install the iso on bare metal , xfce works for me good in a dual screen (this is my testing computer)
if i log out or restart the screens are back in the write place , no problem here...

but if i switch to i3 , the screens are fuck up , however , if you look at the settings of xfce in i3 they are correct.
however , if i open arandr that the vga -1 is on the right and the dvi-i-1 on the left lol , but that is not good , the vga must be on the left ..
so if i save and replace it , it works , but if you logout its back the other way , why is this not saved thats stranges dont you think... :shock:

dont say that you must for every systems under xfce you need always other settings lol , if i make on the local what is .screen , let say a config it dont matter noth working at all , simple the file is not in ect/x11/ , but why is xfce working for that setting and NOT I3 , OR HANDSOME OR QTILE IT WIL ALL NOT WORKING ... yeah in virtual works everything but that is not bare metal and dual or triple screens .. very strange ..
running arco linux plasma the last version
i love arcolinux kde plasma on 4 x 27 inch monitors it os very powerfull.
running on predator old but still more powerfull than new computers :evil:

erikdubois
Captain
Belgium
Re: xfce ect i3 screeen trouble

Post by erikdubois » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:23 am

Look for tutorials on xrandr or arandr.
Every desktop is different.
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google