ArcoLinux -D -B 19.5 iso's have been released

xfce ect i3 screeen trouble

jurgen69
Crewman
Belgium
xfce ect i3 screeen trouble

Post by jurgen69 » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:12 pm

some thing very strange i have see , in the new released xfce , i3 , openbox ,
if you have install the iso on bare metal , xfce works for me good in a dual screen (this is my testing computer)
if i log out or restart the screens are back in the write place , no problem here...

but if i switch to i3 , the screens are fuck up , however , if you look at the settings of xfce in i3 they are correct.
however , if i open arandr that the vga -1 is on the right and the dvi-i-1 on the left lol , but that is not good , the vga must be on the left ..
so if i save and replace it , it works , but if you logout its back the other way , why is this not saved thats stranges dont you think... :shock:

dont say that you must for every systems under xfce you need always other settings lol , if i make on the local what is .screen , let say a config it dont matter noth working at all , simple the file is not in ect/x11/ , but why is xfce working for that setting and NOT I3 , OR HANDSOME OR QTILE IT WIL ALL NOT WORKING ... yeah in virtual works everything but that is not bare metal and dual or triple screens .. very strange ..
os - manjaro i3 - archlinux :mrgreen:
pc i7 8core at 4.00mhz triple monitors 24inch 2 xlg and 1 samsung
nividia geforce 8gb
ram 64 gb - drive 1 = 1t ssd and harddrives 4 x 1tb :mrgreen:

erikdubois
Captain
Belgium
Re: xfce ect i3 screeen trouble

Post by erikdubois » Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:23 am

Look for tutorials on xrandr or arandr.
Every desktop is different.
Learn, have fun and enjoy.