ArcoLinux -D -B 19.5 iso's have been released

[OPEN] Arco Linux freezes and goes into the Filesystem Check Failed screen after hard boot

codestruggler
Crewman
India
[OPEN] Arco Linux freezes and goes into the Filesystem Check Failed screen after hard boot

Post by codestruggler » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:44 am

So after 2 days of non-stop using Arco Linux(very satisfied worked like a charm) I encountered my first freeze. I had two workspaces each having atleast 2 terminals and a browser window with atleast 15 tabs open. CPU consumption was quite low 4% RAM consumption was 3.5 GB of 31.5 GB(Checked on the conky once). My laptop config is i7 8550U, 32 GB Ram, 1 TB HDD(931.5 GB Usable, Calamares took 32 GB for Swap)

There was no other way but to power down and then again power up.
After powering up I came to the screen of
Filesystem Check failed

After this I ran
fsck /dev/sda2
It checked for all the filesystem errors corrected it and then i again rebooted the system. The Arco linux system came up without the plank the system menu to bottom left nothing on the bottom right with a pitch black blank screen. I pressed Super + T to get the terminal and then shut it down.

I checked online on the Arch forums and found this (solution last on page 2)
https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=236686&p=2. I am not proficient in Arch to understand how to get rid of the freezing. Can anyone explain what the solution is how to implement it ? Or if you have another solution for this.
Very grateful for the help.

Edit:
Trying to again boot into Arcolinux is unsucessful with Laptop giving a blank screen and Caps lock key blinking indefinitely.

Edit Update:
Tried to boot up after like 8 hours and Arco linux did boot up properly and is working now.
So the thing which I forgot to write above that just before this I accepted updates.

Do Arch based systems become so unstable after each update ? This is kind of a show stopper if i want to do some critical work. I am software developer who has accepted to make Arco his daily driver but these things would really make me think.
What should be my strategy for accepting updates ? Should I update my system once a month and give a buffer time to recover ?

Thanks for all the help.

erikdubois
Captain
Belgium
Re: Arco Linux freezes and goes into the Filesystem Check Failed screen after hard boot

Post by erikdubois » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:06 am

Follow up of post
Still need assistance?
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

Return to “Laptop”