ArcoLinux -D -B 19.11 has been released

[INFO] HP ProBook 430 G2

gabbman
Crewman
Canada
[INFO] HP ProBook 430 G2

Post by gabbman » Sat Aug 18, 2018 3:23 pm

I would like to say congratulations on being the first of many Linux operating systems I have attempted to install on my HP. It's a bit of a Windows proprietary monster that has an AMD A10-8700P Radeon R6, Compute Cores 4C+6G 1.80GHz. with Installed RAM 12.0 GB (11.4 GB usable).

I have had varying degrees of success but mostly disappointment in getting Linux to work nicely.

I did see an error message during to boot process regarding no back-lighting, but although the screen was dark and hard to read, the built in brightness button above the F3 key did the trick.

I had to hard wire to the internet to install as the boot disc did not recognize the broadcom wireless adapter, but after the install on first boot, voila there it was.

I am giving it a good test drive sharing the partition with windows for now but again congratulations on putting together a great alternative that works on this proprietary beast.
Cheers
Gord

Mic
Crewman
France
Re: HP ProBook 430 G2

Post by Mic » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:38 pm

Happy for you man. ;)

Argh wind... :mrgreen:
Nobody is perfect..... :lol:

darknetmatrix
Captain
Belgium
Re: HP ProBook 430 G2

Post by darknetmatrix » Sat Aug 18, 2018 4:39 pm

great to hear that, enjoy arcolinux
linux user # 527315
I never lose. Either I win, or I learn.

Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Laptop”