[OPEN] QML files empty after update

critter
recruit crewman

[OPEN] QML files empty after update

Post by critter »

Hi guys,

So, this most recent update hosed my system in many ways... I do have a backup, but, in the spirit of learning I'm trying to repair the update manually.

corrected thus far:

-load kernel module errors
-corrupted sudo
-corrupted pacman database (hundreds of files already in path errors, etc)

Now I'm down to repairing the plasma desktop. plasmoids are having QML errors (not one plasmoid - many), and the plasma settings program crashes. all indications *appear* to point to the QML user interface files.

Yes, I searched the net and found bug reports, or suggestions to reinstall plasma (rarely worked) or even "clean install and start over" which kinda defeats the learning angle.

an example of several plasmoid files (note the controls empty file errors):

Code: Select all

Error loading QML file: file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/main.qml:118:34: Type FullRepresentation unavailable
file:///usr/share/plasma/plasmoids/org.kde.plasma.notifications/contents/ui/FullRepresentation.qml:84:17: Type PlasmaComponents3.CheckBox unavailable

file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/plasma/components.3/CheckBox.qml:50:18: Type Label unavailable
file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls.2/org.kde.desktop/Label.qml: File is empty

file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/plasma/components.3/ComboBox.qml:265:35: Type Controls.ScrollBar unavailable
file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/QtQuick/Controls.2/org.kde.desktop/ScrollBar.qml: File is empty

file:///usr/lib/qt/qml/org/kde/plasma/components.3/ComboBox.qml:265:35: Type Controls.ScrollBar unavai
All of these belong to packages:
plasma-framework
qt5-controls
qt5-controls2

reinstalling those packages didn't correct the issue. If these errors are actually meaningful and point to where the problem is, it appears I need to delete the QML files/reinstal, or uninstall/reinstall, or?????

Thanks in advance.

erikdubois
Captain

Re: [OPEN] QML files empty after update

Post by erikdubois »

You know I am working on Plasma these days as well.
No issues of that kind here.

Update and reboot went all smoothly.
Retracing your steps is the only thing you can do.

What did I install that can explain what is happening?

Use our rip alias to see what was installed on your computer.

Always have backups on harddisk or cloud services.
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

Return to “BYOI ArcoLinuxB Plasma”