ArcoLinux 19.09 iso has been released

[CLOSED] Arch Linux + ArcoLinux customizations, themes, software, etc.

linusvanpelt
Crewman
Australia
[CLOSED] Arch Linux + ArcoLinux customizations, themes, software, etc.

Post by linusvanpelt » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:46 pm

I hope this is the correct forum...

I've installed ArcoLinux in VirtualBox and really like it. However, I don't like the lack of control in the Calamares installer. In particular, I want full partition encryption + LVM partitioning. I also want to name the partitions something sensible rather than "luks-<some cryptic UUID>". From what I can see, if you want to do manual partitioning and anything "unusual", Calamares is not ready for prime time yet. But that's just my opinion. Calamares also crashed on me a few times when I was trying manual partitioning in VirtualBox. My configuration will be dual booting Windows 10 + Arc(h|o) Linux.

Therefore, I will install Arch Linux "The Arch Way". I then want to add the "ArcoLinux herbs" to make my installation match the Phase 1 install. I want XFCE, i3, and perhaps Openbox, plus all the themes, icons, conky's, etc. My go to DE/WM is i3, but it's nice to drop into XFCE from time to time.

Perhaps I've missed it, but I can't find clear instructions for "Phase 5" on the Arco Linux website. Can someone point me in the right direction for my post-processing after installing the base Arch Linux install? For example, do I just go to the Arco Linux GitHub site, download the scripts, and execute them? Some clear and concise directions would be useful - apologies if I've missed them.
Experienced programmer (ETL/DI/BI/SQL/Databases) but relatively new to Linux.
Lenovo X1 Yoga, Intel Core i7-6600U MB, 14.0 OLED WQHD Touch, 1TB SSD PCIe-NVMe,
16GB LPDDR3 SDRAM 1866 MB, Intel 8260AC+BT 2x2 vPro, Huawei ME906S WAN, Fingerprint Reader

marmaduke
Crewman
Australia
Re: Arch Linux + ArcoLinux customizations, themes, software, etc.

Post by marmaduke » Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:24 am

Try taking a look at Erik's Youtube channel

Start with the Arch install play list:

Also take a look at the ArcoD playlists for the desktop environments you want to install:

I3

XFCE

erikdubois
Captain
Belgium
Re: Arch Linux + ArcoLinux customizations, themes, software, etc.

Post by erikdubois » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:45 am

Looks like watch everything lol

youtube search with the words "spices from arcolinux"

in those video's we do an Arch Linux installation and get "stuff" from ArcoLinux
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

Return to “Arch Linux spiced up with ArcoLinux spices”