ArcoLinux 19.09 iso has been released

My First Month with ArcoLinux

"Off-topic" but Linux related discussion, about ArcoLinux or other distributions.
gabbman
Crewman
Canada
My First Month with ArcoLinux

Post by gabbman » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:52 am

I just have to say, that from the first surprise that my very windows proprietary HP laptop booted to the install screen, (something no other Linux distro has been able, or yet able to do) the ease of use, and built in apps are all that I ever used in the Mac Windows world. I beta test for SwordSearcher and was able to have it running in virtual box.

Now to the have fun part, at 68 years of age, who knew after all these years of burning ISO after ISO on cd's you could actually do that on a USB drive? And you supply the apps to do that. It's way more fun to "build" your own custom tailored ISO and you even offer 11 flavors. So far I have built and installed Deepen, Plasma, Gnome, and Cinnamon, as well as my own tailor made XFCE which is my most comfortable to use OS. The next logical step in my let's have a go and learn, is to install the Arch way. Time and patience will be set aside for me to tackle that in the not so distant future.

All in all I just wanted to express my appreciation to Erik and the Team for all the hard work they put in to help this old curmudgeon have fun on a computer again.

Well done, and much appreciated.
Cheers
Gord

darknetmatrix
Captain
Belgium
Re: My First Month with ArcoLinux

Post by darknetmatrix » Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:30 am

great to hear that you enjoy it gabbman
linux user # 527315
I never lose. Either I win, or I learn.

Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

erikdubois
Captain
Belgium
Re: My First Month with ArcoLinux

Post by erikdubois » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:34 am

Thanks for your kind words.

It motivates us.
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.