ArcoLinux 19.09 iso has been released

A Month Of ArcoLinux

"Off-topic" but Linux related discussion, about ArcoLinux or other distributions.
Mind_
Crewman
United States of America
A Month Of ArcoLinux

Post by Mind_ » Sat Aug 17, 2019 2:58 pm

I might be off a few days, but whatever...

I first started with ArcoLinuxB-Cinnamon. But after that, got kinda boring, so I installed XFCE (just DE/WM). Ever since I got ArcoLinux installed, I never went back to Mint/Debian. Installation was easy as butter, not hard like vanilla Arch is.

After I installed yay, was easy peasy. Just installed a few apps, everything worked fine. Pamac is great, too. Updates all programs to the latest version. And doesn't break my system.

As I now am using AMD RYZEN 5 2600 and a Radeon RX 580, everything worked fine. I read a lot of problems on here with AMD, but I had none of that. :?

So, thanks Erik and the rest of the community. You guys rock! :D

erikdubois
Captain
Belgium
Re: A Month Of ArcoLinux

Post by erikdubois » Sun Aug 18, 2019 8:27 am

great to read

enjoy our distro
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

dbl.bzh
Crewman
France

Post by dbl.bzh » Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:43 pm

Hi,

Happy to listen you have no problem with this config because i've a similar config with xfce and i've some little problems...

I have some questions regarding the installation and configuration of the RX 580 graphics card.
Indeed since I changed graphics card, before I had a Geforce GTX 660 and now I have a RX580.
I uninstalled everything related to the nvidia card and installed the packages mentioned on the wiki : https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/AMDGPU

I've removed my old xorg.conf generated with nvidia-settings gui application.

I thought xorg was going to recreate a new default file configured to use the installed amdgpu driver.
But unfortunately after restart no xorg.conf file created.
Could you confirm for you it's the same or share me your xorg.conf file or the contents of xorg.conf.d please ?

I've a problem with my dual-screen configuration turns itself into mirror configuration of screens after a while without touching the computer ...

Thx a lot for you responses
Last edited by dbl.bzh on Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mind_
Crewman
United States of America

Post by Mind_ » Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:30 pm

Why you should always make a backup of Xorg.conf. I thought this was a normal thing...

What DE are you running on? Display settings should fix that mirroring.

TBH, I never messed with drivers. The default one worked fine for me. Never really had to install drivers. :?

dbl.bzh
Crewman
France

Post by dbl.bzh » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:51 pm

Why you should always make a backup of Xorg.conf. I thought this was a normal thing...

I've a backup of all my xorg files sure... And this is not the problem here...

I just asked you if you had not experienced this kind of problem with xfce and the RX 580 AMD / ATI card.
My Xorg files are settings for my old nvidia card I guess they are no longer valid for this new graphics card.
My problem is that the screens remain lit, do not standby as before and in addition they go back to mirror while in the display settings I previously put them in screen extension mode.
It's pretty annoying of course if I go in the display settings and I uncheck the mirror box and that I apply it returns normal but all my windows that were on the right screen are stacked in the left screen...

Here my files in xorg.conf.d :
10-monitor.conf : https://pastebin.com/TsQTmnBF
20-amdgpu.conf : https://pastebin.com/e08en5hH

I am not an expert with xorg and I am not even sure if the problem comes from xorg or xfce ...
If someone has a track to give me, let me hang out a bit where watch ... please, that would be great?

Return to “ArcoLinux and General Linux Discussion”