Greetings!

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself. Please don't post tech support questions here
shaeda
recruit crewman

Greetings!

Post by shaeda »

Hi there.
My names Shae. I've been tinkering with computers for what seems like forever.

I've been interested in Linux since I acquired a copy of Redhat 5 I think it was in a computer shop that was going out of business.
That was a long time ago though.
Between then and now there's been a lot of distro try outs. Usually ending in me wrecking the system, not being able to fix it, and giving up.
Yes, then going back to windows. :cry:

I ended up finding Arch, but being intimidated by the install process I ended up with Manjaro. The initial experience was pretty good and I got quite involved in the forums ( I was @Sinister there).
Let's just say after reasons, I've moved on.

Enter ArcoLinux:
I ran into Arcolinux at the same time I found Manjaro but I was immediately thrown off by ArcoLinux's website. There's a lot of info there but I found it quite confusing to understand what phases were, what's the deal with the different ones, you get the idea. At that time back then I moved on.
I came back around when a fellow Manjaro refugee sent me the link to an ArcolinuxB iso (BspWM).
"Try this out".
I did. I LOVED it!
The tools included are genius and wonderful to use. It's so fast and slick.
I spent some time trying to get a mental handle on the website. I'm still working on that. :lol: However, I've joined the Discord channel (SinisterBrain), as you can see, the forums, and make a daily visit to the website to read the varies informational snippets of goodies dropped by, I assume, Mr.Dubois. :mrgreen:

Right now I'm on KDE Arcolinux. I'm having a great time learning and tinkering with the varies scripts and goodies Arco Offers.

Seems like I found the perfect distro. :)

Sorry about the long winded post.
I tend to ramble. ;)

Shae

darknetmatrix
Captain

Re: Greetings!

Post by darknetmatrix »

welcome shaeda
linux user # 527315
I never lose. Either I win, or I learn.

Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

erikdubois
Captain

Re: Greetings!

Post by erikdubois »

welcome to the ArcoLinux world

have fun
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

Return to “Introduce yourself”