ArcoLinux -D -B 19.11 has been released

G'day from Australia

Welcome to newcomers! Don't hesitate to introduce yourself. Please don't post tech support questions here
sleepyeyesvince
Crewman
Australia
G'day from Australia

Post by sleepyeyesvince » Thu Oct 10, 2019 4:36 pm

Hi, my name is Vince.

Firstly, I want to take this opportunity to thank Erik and your team for such an awesome distro. I took the plunge to using Linux (almost) full time about 18 months ago, starting with Linux Mint. After getting accustomed more, I decided that Arch base was where I wanted to be. Naturally, I tried Manjaro first, but it just didn't do it for me. Since then, I've been on ArcoLinux for the past 6 months and don't have any plans to change again anytime soon. It has been stable and solid. My WM of choice is i3, but I like having XFCE and Openbox available as options.

I have also done an Arch "the Arch way" install during this time, and though I managed to get it working to a satisfactory level, the time involved was just too much for me. Also, there were just a few little tweaks that I think I was still missing. So I have returned and started dabbling with ArcoLinux D to see what the missing ingredients in the "special sauce" you guys have put together that makes using Arco smoother for me than vanilla Arch.

This is where I would once again show my appreciation for all the hard work in the ISOs as well as the videos!

Cheers.

erikdubois
Captain
Belgium
Re: G'day from Australia

Post by erikdubois » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:07 pm

Great to read your post.

Great motivation to carry on.
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

allan_m
Crewman
United States of America

Post by allan_m » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:01 am

Hey Vince . . . I recognize your name from BDLL and DL! Excellent post, and I echo your sentiment about finding my Linux home in Arcolinux (I came here from Antergos Linux when it ended). I have learned more and am happier since finding Arcolinux than any time in my Linux journey.

So to Erik and everyone else in the Arco community, I say "Amen" to what Vince said -- thank you all!

erikdubois
Captain
Belgium

Post by erikdubois » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:21 am

Thanks and you are welcome
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

darknetmatrix
Captain
Belgium

Post by darknetmatrix » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:38 am

welcome sleepyeyesvince, and enjoy arcolinux
linux user # 527315
I never lose. Either I win, or I learn.

Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Introduce yourself”