Santa brings you ArcoLinux -D -B 19.12

[OPEN] I can not install ufw on ArcoLinux B Herbstluftwm

Grimhand
recruit crewman
United States of America
[OPEN] I can not install ufw on ArcoLinux B Herbstluftwm

Post by Grimhand » Mon Nov 18, 2019 4:32 pm

Hi Everyone,

I just did a clean install of ArcoLinuxB HLWM Minimal (downloaded it, I didn't build it myself in this case), and before I update the system with trizen -Syyu, I like to install ufw as my firewall. In the past, I have installed that with sudo pacman -Sy ufw with no problems.

This time, however, while the program did install, I got an error message when running sudo ufw enable about some kind of missing module that prohibited the program from running. I also installed gufw (the GUI version of ufw) to enable the firewall that way, but the program wouldn't run after authentication.

I thought this might be because I ran -Sy (I've heard that can break systems), so I reinstalled and ran sudo pacman -Syyu without ufw installed and waited for the update to finish prior to installing the program. Unfortunately, it didn't help. I encountered the same issue.

I also tried moving to the vanilla kernel (I usually use LTS out of preference) and repeated the above steps with the same result.

I'm truly stuck here. I'm rather new to Linux and I don't know how to fix this. Any help provided would be great. Thank you all in advance.

Here's a more detailed version of the error message I receive after running sudo ufw enable:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/ufw", line 25, in <module>
import ufw.frontend
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'ufw'

Return to “BYOI ArcoLinuxB Herbstluftwm”