[OPEN] NetworkManager service failed to start

olegrom
recruit crewman

[OPEN] NetworkManager service failed to start

Post by olegrom »

Hi, trying to install arcolinux D with gnome using calamares. On first boot I get a message NetworkManager failed to start. I've tried reinstalling three times now. The bug is still there. Is there a fix?

erikdubois
Captain

Re: [OPEN] NetworkManager service failed to start

Post by erikdubois »

Who says there is a bug?
investigate the matter.
Why is not working on your end? is a better question.

Then you read the arch wiki.

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/NetworkManager
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

eglar
Crewman

Post by eglar »

This is not the first time I am installing arcolinux D with gnome using calamares. Everything worked fine before on previous ISOs. I didn't do anything to the system on my end. The problem showed up on first boot. I've read the wiki. So, I guessed it is a bug. But this forum doesn't seem to be helpful. Posting a link is not much help - I know where wiki is located without pointing me there. Sorry, but this forum is useless.

erikdubois
Captain

Post by erikdubois »

Here are the rules again from Discord.

"Then ask for help on the forum

After checking there is no such issue posted on the forum you create a new post in the correct forum. Give us the following elements at least.
- what iso are you using - type' iso' in the terminal and copy paste that in the post between tags in the forum post
- type 'inxi -b' in a terminal and copy/paste the code between tags in the forum post (sudo pacman -S inxi --- if not available)
- type 'probe' in a terminal and provide us the link (sudo pacman -S hw-probe --- if not available)
- what graphical drivers have you installed
- on what desktop does the error occur
- is that system up to date - go to TTY (CTRL + ALT + F2 or in VIrtualbox RIght CTRL + F2) and type 'update' and reboot first
- why do you think you have an issue - previous actions can explain the current issue"

Good vibes are important to us since we do this project out of passion. The last remark was the opposite of that. That is the main raison people get banned.

We need more info to try to help you.

There is no garantueed success promised here.

The user needs to be willing to do their bit and that involves figuring out issues themselves with our help.
Learn, have fun and enjoy.
But first use the power of the Arch Wiki
use the tutorials on https://www.youtube.com/erikdubois
then use the power of google
then use the power of our moderators.

Return to “Networking”